Welcome, I am John and this is my food blog. I thought I should write an introduction so you know what to expect when you visit here in the future.
I am 24 years old, work two jobs, and go to school full time. I have no formal culinary training outside of reading books and watching the Food Network. I think I have done pretty well educating myself, but it has also held me back. I don’t like to measure my ingredients, and I often just throw things together. I rarely ever use recipes, and if I do, I use them as a rough blueprint. Cooking, to me, is an adventure…
Mexican food makes up about 60% of my cooking. Because of that, 60% of more of what you will find on here will most likely involve Mexican food.
My favorite things, without getting into too many details. Gotta have content for later!
Foods/Cooking I Enjoy:
- Hot Sauce – I will post pictures of my hot sauce collection sometime in the future. It has reached the point where I have an entire cabinet dedicated to it. If you have any time of food that needs heat, chances are I have the perfect sauce to go with it.
- Stir Fry/Wok Cooking – I have recently been on an Asian cuisine kick. This begun with a wok that I received for Christmas.
- Bacon – Ahhh, Bacon. If you had to press me for my favorite food in the world, 340 days out of the year I would say Bacon. I guarantee you will find at least one recipe per weak involving bacon on here.
- Finger Foods/Dips/Appetizers – Gotta love the meal before the meal.
- Shun Knives – I received a Shun chef’s knife for Christmas. If you are serious at all about cooking, you owe it to yourself to purchase a quality knife. I would highly recommend Shun. If I could afford it, half of the things I own would be cut in half.
- Anthony Bourdain – Don’t watch No Reservations on the Travel Channel? That’s too bad, I’ll summarize every episode for you on here!
- Alton Brown – I basically learned to cook by watching Good Eats.
- Andrew Zimmern – Bizarre Foods is by far one of the best shows on television.
- Mario Batali
Things I Dislike:
- Rachel Ray/Paula Dean/Sandra Lee/Giada De Laurentiis/Ace of Cakes – The Food Network is almost unwatchable now.
Well that’s all I have for now. Look for updates everyday, and visit often!