This has to be one of the most delicious forms of pancakes I have ever tasted. I can’t remember where I saw someone doing this, but I just added peanut butter to a pancake recipe I already had lying around. If you use an instant pancake mix, just add some peanut butter. That would work too. I would recommend heating up the peanut butter before you add it just so it mixes in a little smoother.
For the syrup, heat up any jelly or preserves and spoon it on top.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (you can use crunchy if you want)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In large bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, sugar and oil until smooth. Beat in egg, then milk.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Lightly coat griddle or skillet with oil and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter onto the griddle and cook until tiny bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, then flip and cook a few minutes more.