Believe me when I tell you that this is the best dip in the world. This is basically a spicy queso dip revved up with sausage, and is literally one of the most delicious things you could ever serve at a party. The best part is that it makes a large amount that can be stored in zip-lock bags, frozen, and eaten at a later date. If you make this and the people that eat it are not impressed, I will retire from non-profit food blogging forever.
- 1 brick Velveeta Cheese (2lb package)
- 1 lb package Hot Breakfast Sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 1/2 of a large onion
- 1 can of Rotel (Original or hot, up to you)
- 1 7-oz can diced green chilies
- 1 to 3 finely diced jalapeno peppers (Depending on how much heat you like. If you’re like me, include to seeds and membranes. I like it hot.)
- Chop up your onions and brown along with the breakfast sausage. Draining excess fat is a good idea for health reasons, but fat is flavor.. so that one is up to you. Move into a medium to large sauce pan.
- Cut Velveeta into cubes, and melt in sauce pan with sausage.
- When Velveeta is about halfway melted, add the Rotel (With water), green chilies, and stir until melted.
- I usually let it sit for 10 or 20 minutes on the low heat just to get the flavors mixed together. When ready to serve, add diced jalapeno, stir, and serve with tortilla chips.