Here’s how I do my nachos.
I like to use about 1-2lbs of ground chicken. Why? I think I can flavor ground chicken a lot better than ground beef, like that taste better, and I hear it’s good for you as well. I’m not down with the whole ground turkey thing because I just can’t eat turkey on anything but a sandwich or for a holiday that involves pilgrims.
- 1-2lbs of ground chicken, depending on if you want regular or monster nachos.
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper — Add more if you like the heat
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 half onion
- 1 can Rotel or 1 large diced tomato
- 1 small can re-fried beans
- 10-12oz bag tortilla chips
- Monterey Jack cheese — As much as you like
- Sour cream
I like the onions and tomatoes cooked with the chicken but feel free to just add them on top. Season the chicken and cook until done. Add it on top of your tortilla chips, followed by the rest of the ingredients. I like to throw it in the toaster or conventional oven to melt the cheese before serving.