Amidst all this fast food and competitive eating information I’m putting up here, I thought I would post documentation of ME actually cooking! Yes, I do cook. Just the other day I threw together this beautiful dish:
Breaded chicken topped with pancetta and cheese
Red pepper and cream pasta
This is the first time I’ve ever made a pasta sauce using red bell peppers. Here’s the recipe I used..
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1/2 onion – diced
- 4 cloves garlic (more if you’re like me and love garlic)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 – 1lb heavy pasta
- Roast your red peppers until the skins are black. When you’re done, they should look like this:
- Place red peppers in a sealed zip lock bag and allow them to sweat for 10-15 mins.
- Take peppers out of bag, remove skins, stem and seeds.
- In a blender, puree the red peppers.
- In a pan, saute onions and garlic in olive oil. After slightly browned, add pepper puree.
- Add cream and stir together. Let it sit and cook for a few minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Add pasta and stir together. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese