If you’ve been to some sort of party that hasn’t had cheesy potatoes as a food option then I’m not sure what’s going on with the people you know. Every graduation party, wedding, or other social event should have cheesy potatoes. If you aren’t a good enough host to have cheesy potatoes, then I’m not going to be a good enough guest to stay. It’s just… not cool.
What a lot of people don’t realize is how easy they are to make. Seriously, 8 bucks and 45 minutes later you have yourself an enormous pile of cheese and potatoes. Who doesn’t like that combination?
- 2 lb. bag of hash browns – Get the diced variety. The ones that are cut into squares.
- 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 of a large, yellow onion, diced.
- Salt, pepper
- Mix everything together, throw any remaining cheese on top, and bake for 45 mins. Really difficult.
Just for the record, I’m not really down with putting Cornflakes on top. If you want a little texture, throw some breadcrumbs on it. Don’t be crushing up breakfast cereal and putting it on food. That’s just weird.